*Flying Pirate Half Marathon* / *First Flight 5K* / *Double Dare Challenge* / *Pirate Fun Run*
Pirates rule at this theme running event! Be on the lookout for silvery bi-planes, chests filled with glittery treasures and compass rose charms.
Don’t forget your costume! Get your Pirate gear on and win! Get creative, funny and/or fancy! Enthusiasm Counts! Show your stuff at a special Mile Marker judging spot. Prizes will be awarded at the Post Race Jamboree. Win a free entry to 2018! Yo Ho HO!
The Flying Pirate Half Marathon course winds its way through the natural beauty that is North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Run the 13.1 miles and cover some spectacular ground – 2017 is the 8th Anniversary of this fun filled Pirate themed half marathon! Come to the Outer Banks and join the Pirate’s for this fantastic race!
Begin in Kitty Hawk and follow the course into Nags Head, along the Albemarle Sound, around the Wright Brothers National Memorial, and through the Nags Head Woods Maritime Forest. Finish with a Pirate Jamboree in Nags Head!
Outer Banks Half Marathoners, here’s your chance to see the first half of the Outer Banks Marathon course!
- 2 Day Jolly Roger Pirate Expo
- First Flight 5K – Event Shirt & Custom First Flight 5K Finisher Medal!
- Free parking
- Free shuttle service & bag check for 13.1
- PACERS! 1:45 2:00 2:25 2:30 Meet ’em at the Expo!
- Free runner beer & food at the Pirate Jamboree Finish Line.
(All scallywags are invited!)
- Shake yer booty with live music at the Pirate Jamboree Finish!
- Escape Massage and Yoga will be waiting for you at the Finish. Visit Jaileen at the Jolly Roger Pirate Expo and sign up!
- 13.1 Finishers SWAG! Just cross the Finish Line!
- And the amazing Flying Pirate Event Shirt & Medal
- Brave Double Dare Challengers will earn the 5K shirt & medal, the Half Marathon shirt & medal & swag
- AND A COOL DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGER MEDAL!
Yo! Thats 2 Shirts and 3 Medals! Guaranteed to impress your crew with this bling!
Run the 5K on Saturday and the 13.1 on Sunday! YOU CAN DO IT!