These services are most helpful to the people we counsel. A printable version is here.
- Dare County Department of Social Services – (252) 475-5500
- Interfaith Community Outreach – (252) 480-0070
- Patient Advocate Foundation (A national organization providing case management, co-pay relief and financial aid to people with all kinds of health challenges) – (800) 532-5274
- Beach Food Pantry – (252) 261-2756
- Mt. Olivet UMC Church Food Pantry – (252) 473-2089
- Hatteras Island Methodist Food Pantry – (252) 475-0147
- Community Care Clinic of Dare (primary care and access to specialist care for the uninsured) – (252) 261-3041
- Outer Banks Hospital Cancer Services – (252) 449-4556
- UNC Cancer Nurse Navigator – (252) 449-8265
- Hands of Hope Cancer Assistance Services – (252) 216-9400
- Outer Banks Cancer Support Group – (252) 480-0070
- NC Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program (free screenings and assistance with treatment) – (252) 475-5003 Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation – (252) 473-0830
- Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative – (252) 995-5616
- Room In The Inn (homeless shelter)- (252) 441-7476
- OBX Hotline (call to get help regarding suicide, family problems, depression, substance abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault) – (252) 473-5121
- NC Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (If you have a disability that prevents you from achieving career success or independence in the community of your choice, DVRS can connect you to services and resources to help you meet your goals) – (252) 331-4768
- River City Community Development Corporation (They distribute federal and other funds to prevent foreclosure on homes) – (252) 331-2925
- Albemarle Commission (Hertford) (They deliver services to the older adult population in the areas of Supportive Services, Nutrition, Elder Rights, Caregiver Support and Health and Wellness) – (252) 426-5753
- Legal Aid of North Carolina – (866) 219-5262
Please call 211 from your phone for a full list or search at nc211.org.
103 East 8th Street
Nags Head, North Carolina 27959
We are here to help, although we do not have open office hours.
Please call the office for information or to schedule a consultation.
The mission of the Outer Banks Relief Foundation is to assist people who live or work in our community who are burdened with financial difficulties due to debilitating illness or other personal tragedy.