Please contact Lee Whitley, the Relief Foundation’s case manager, at 252-255-0048 to discuss your eligibility and to receive an application.
The process takes about 1 week from initial submission of a completed application to approval by our board of directors.
We regret that we cannot provide emergency assistance. Please contact Dare County Social Services and Interfaith Community Outreach for emergency assistance. We strongly urge you to contact NCCARE360 – NCCARE360 is the first statewide coordinated care network to better connect individuals to local services and resources. To access NCCARE360, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 or apply online here: nccare360.org/request-assistance.
You can search the NC 2-1-1 Information and Referral database or speak to their referral specialists by dialing 2-1-1 from your phone. Call 2-1-1-anytime — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — for referral to local, regional, state and federal services.
Generally, if you can answer yes to these questions, you should contact us and proceed with an application.
- Is this a “break the bank” disease or a condition that is so severe and costly that it threatens your current or future financial stability (organ transplant, cancer, stroke)?
- Is this crisis life-altering? Does it impact you in a way that completely overwhelms you and changes your ability to work and maintain your basic human needs of shelter and food?
- Is this a DEVASTATING challenge that will be costly for a long time?
- Was your household financially sustainable BEFORE this crisis?
Generally, if you can answer yes to this question, we’ll be happy to refer you to other services for assistance, especially Patient Services Inc (their website is here or call them at 1-800-366-7741).
- Are you experiencing a chronic condition or a condition of aging that impacts large segments of the population (arthritis, diabetes)?