Please contact Lee Whitley, the Relief Foundation’s Case Manager, at 252-261-2004 to discuss your eligibility and to receive an application.
The process takes about 2 weeks from initial submission of a completed application to approval by our board of directors.
You can search the NC 2-1-1 Information and Referral database or speak to their referral specialists by dialing 2-1-1 from your phone. Call 2-1-1-anytime — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — for referral to local, regional, state and federal services.
Generally, you should call our office for an application if you can answer yes to these questions.
- Is this a “break the bank” disease or a condition that is so severe and costly that it threatens your current or future financial stability (organ transplant, cancer, stroke)?
- Is this crisis life-altering? Does it impact you in a way that completely overwhelms you and changes your ability to work and maintain your basic human needs of shelter and food?
- Is this a DEVASTATING challenge that will be costly for a long time?
- Was your household financially sustainable BEFORE this crisis?
Generally, you should not proceed with requesting an application if you can answer yes to this question.
- Are you experiencing a chronic condition or a condition of aging that impacts large segments of the population (arthritis, diabetes)?